The Basic Arena Refrigeration course introduces participants to the cycle of refrigeration and primary mechanical components of an ice rink refrigeration system. Participants will learn the importance and the role logbooks play in maintenance of the refrigeration equipment. Participants will gain an understanding of how the refrigeration cycle relates to the installation and maintenance of a quality ice surface. Participants will also learn how to identify potential energy savings through efficient operations of the refrigeration system. Participants will complete a written exam on the last day of the course.
• Theory & Principles of Refrigeration
• Types of Refrigeration Systems
• Refrigeration System Equipment
• Equipment Controls & Safety Devices
• Refrigeration System Operation
• Personal Safety Practices & Equipment
• Energy Efficient Refrigeration Practices