Facility Operations/Security: Facility/Venue Management
Director of Facility Operations, Preds Ice - Nashville Predators (Nashville, TN)
• Oversee hiring, training, and managing of the Operations department for full-time and part-time staff at Preds Ice.
• Responsible for operations annual budget, including ordering / maintaining related supplies, materials and tools.
• Develop, train, and supervise ice personnel including drivers and staff.
• Demonstrate knowledge in the practice and procedures related to ice installation, preparation and maintenance; typical methods and techniques for maintaining, repairing and building ice.
• Prepare weekly work schedules and expedite event-related information to subordinates.
• Implement and train Operations department employees on the operating procedures, preventative maintenance schedules, emergency plans and safety management policies.
• Install and maintain an NHL quality ice surface, and maintain the ice maintenance equipment.
• Oversee facility event set-ups to ensure timeliness, completion, accuracy, and safety.
• Keep the operations storage and work areas clean, organized and safe
• Assemble and maintain a reference library of plans, specifications, and technical manuals from architects, contractors and manufactures.
• High School graduate or GED.
• Must be a certified Ice Technician and forklift certified.
• Graduate from an accredited college or vocational school with an emphasis in sports administration, industrial engineering, or another related field.
• Minimum of 5 years related experience in public assembly facility management.
• Two (2) years of experience in a similar supervisory or management position.
• Possess basic working knowledge of facilities including HVAC, electrical, lighting, audio visual, and mechanical systems.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Possess strong organizational and communication skills and be a strategic thinker and planner with a proven track record of success in facility management.
• Possess interpersonal and supervisory skills.
• Must have valid driver’s license in the United States and insurable in the state of Tennessee.
Essential Physical Functions:
• Lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
• Ability to work long and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
• Capable of carrying and climbing portable and fixed ladders, accessing remote areas of the facility and working with hand and power tools, communicating via portable radio, reading and comprehending blueprints and drawings.
• PC and other general office equipment.
• Various power and hand tools.
• Forklift, Zamboni, scissor lifts, boom lifts, motor vehicle (company truck), and other light duty machinery.